Corning Environmental Distribution Center Weather Proof Housing.
Today’s Environmental Distribution Center (EDC) product family incorporates design features that allow the product to better accommodate the changing requirements and growing needs of today’s fiber optic networks. By improving on the original design, the EDC product family continues to set the standard for the future of interconnect hardware. As a component of Corning Cable Systems’ LANscape Fiber Cabling Solutions the EDC will accept CCH panels and Corning Cable Systems’ splice trays. Designed for the storage and protection of fiber optic connections and splices in indoor or outdoor environments, the EDC is ideal for industrial, marine, security, or traffic control applications. The unit includes brackets required for mounting to a wall or pole. Accessories for the EDC include various fittings, a rack-mount kit, and a grounding kit.
Feature & Benefits:
- Unit’s composite construction offers outstanding chemical and temperature resistance and exhibits excellent weatherability.
- Constructed of a Low Smoke Zero Halogen Material (LSZH™).
- Unit is easy to punch, drill, file, or saw – making the installation of cable entry holes simpler.
- Cover can be secured with corrosion-resistant, captive screws or quick-release latches that will also accept a user-supplied padlock if additional security is required.
- Brackets for wall or pole mounting are included.
- Accepts the LANscape® CCH panels (available in 6-, 8-, or 12-fiber increments) for most popular adapter types including SC duplex.
- Will accept splice trays that accommodate a variety of splicing techniques including fusion and mechanical splices – for splicing or fan-out applications.
- Suitable for loose tube, tight-buffered, and ribbon cables NEMA 4X, IP66, and UL 508 Type 4X-rated.
Do you need Fiber Cable? CommGear sells it. Install and service at an additional charge.